Tuesday, January 1, 2013

DRAWING 1

I know it probably seems strange to choose this subject on January 1st. I am not quite comfortable sketching in public yet and this photo has been on my phone since last summer. Every time I look at it I want to paint it. I love the emotion in the photo even without seeing my friend's daughter's face very clearly. It was a muddy day and she scraped her leg pretty good on a branch. After we cleaned her up and put a band-aid over the cut, Aubrey sat there for a while contemplating the situation. As you can see, I have a little bit of ability to draw but I definitely need to practice a whole lot more before I am good. But, that's what this project is all about. I hope to get some tips along the way and really become a decent artist. I want my sketches to capture the emotion of what is going on. Then, I will feel confident to carry them on to the painting stage.!

2 comments:

  1. Very good. I can't draw a stick figure lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. You should give it a shot. You might surprise yourself.

      Delete